Wednesday 17 September 2014

Go Team!

The seemingly limitless abilities of my students will never cease to amaze me.  A wise woman once repeated, "Expect that they are competent and capable, and they will be."  I do, and they are.  Enough said.
Last week, in an effort to be open and welcoming, I replied to a reach-out from our Kindergarten consultant with an open invitation to join our class any time that she wished to.  As I was so completely exhausted and totally immersed in our every day, that I didn't take time to consider what she might question when she arrived ... the second Monday of my first year in Kinderland.
What an incredible experience!  Coming from a place of sheer interest and many strong beliefs, but very little Kinder experience, I spent a great deal of my summer reading, retweeting, viewing, and inquiring about all things Kinder.  When I asked 4,325,649 questions of our guide on Monday and (briefly) stopped asking long enough to listen and observe, I found a kindred spirit (cheeseball, I know).  At any rate, I don't think that I have ever been more excited to embark on a new journey as I am about this crazy Kinder adventure!  With an in-house team of twelve Kinder educators (plus a fantastic French teacher and an amazing support staff, including an incredibly open and supportive administrator), a forward-thinking consultant (who is seemingly on-call 24-7 to help deal with my absurdities), and a world of experienced teachers at my fingertips, the idea of a vertical learning curve is more thrilling than ever.  I have truly never felt more fortunate to have been granted the opportunity to become a teacher. #wondergarten @wondergarten #comcon

Sue Scott, teacher and learner

2 comments:

  1. Sue,

    That's terrific! The more resources we tap into, the better. Using online resources (including members of our PLN), books and articles, our students and human resources like this support staff help us to be better leaders and learners with our students. I'm thrilled you've found someone who you connected with and even more thrilled that there is someone in a position like consultant who inspires, collaborates and reassures you.

    I look forward to reading more about your adventures in Wondergarten!

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have an excellent PLN right there with you on your new adventures! looking forward to hearing more on how your year progresses!

    ReplyDelete